Thursday, June 5

The One

The One
Kiera Cass
(Selection Trilogy #3)

My rating: ★★★

ISBN: 9780062059994
Publisher: Harper Teen
Date of publication: May 6, 2014
Age: Grades 8 and up
Genre: Romance

Themes: Love, caste hierarchy, reality television, Post-Apocalyptic America, royalty

The final installment of the Selection Trilogy, America Singer is with the last few the competitors for Prince Maxon’s hand in marriage. Having (finally) determined her true feelings for him, she wants to be the one. But with growing unrest from the southern rebels, the competition becomes more perilous. (Sounds a lot like the second one, eh?)

I’m just going to get to the point. If you read the first two, then yeah, you’ll need to read this book. But if you’re reading this review to determine whether or not to read the series, than I am here to tell you: DON’T. My goodness, I am very upset with this author. She took the easy way out at the end. Not only that, but the squabbles between Maxon and America are the most juvenile, teenage-angst-y arguments I’ve ever read. Picture me saying “UGH.” A lot. I don’t know if I can recommend this book…even though I’m obviously invested in the story, I’m so upset. Just UGH.

Check out my reviews for the other books in the series: Book 1 and Book 2.

Warning: Explicit Content
Some sexuality

If you really want to, find it at your library or on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment